Government of the People’s Republic
Local Government Engineering Department
Second Urban Governance and Infrastructure
Improvement (Sector) Project (UGIIP-II)
Agargaon, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar
Memo N0. LGED/PD/ UGIIP-II/G-142/2013/1092 Date: 22/05/2013
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
International Competitive Bidding (ICB)
Tender Notice Number: LGED/PD-UGIIP-II/15/ICB/2012-13
1. The People’s Republic of Bangladesh has received a loan from the Asian Development Bank ("ADB") towards the cost of Second Urban Governance and Infrastructure Improvement (Sector) Project (UGIIP-II), ADB Loan no. 2462 BAN (SF), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan for payment under the contract for which this Invitation for Bid (IFB) is issued.
2. The Project Director, Second Urban Governance and Infrastructure Improvement (Sector) Project (UGIIP-II), Local Government Engineering Department (LGED) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders from member countries of ADB for the procurement of the following Goods for the purpose of the Project.
Amount of Bid Security
UGIIP-II /LGED/ICB/ G-48
Procurement of Garbage Dump Truck (1.5 Ton)
16 (Sixteen) nos
Amount indicated in the bidding document
3. International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single–Stage; One–Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible source countries.
4. A pre-bid meeting will be held on 10 June, 2013 at 11.00 AM in the office of the Project Director.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents during normal office hours (from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM) on all working days (Sunday to Thursday) up to 08 July, 2013 at the following address :
The Project Director,
Second Urban Governance and Infrastructure Improvement (Sector) Project (UGIIP- II),
Local Government Engineering Department,
Level-12, LGED Bhaban,
Agargaon, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar,
telephone + (88)-02-8181208/9143993,
facsimile: + (88)-02-8156451;
The bidding document may also be sent by air-mail for overseas delivery and surface mail or Courier for local delivery for an additional fee of BDT 100.00 (local delivery) or
US $ 100.00 (Overseas delivery). No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
6. A complete set of bidding documents (in English) may be purchased by any interested eligible bidders on the submission of a written application to the above address and upon payment of a non-refundable fee as mentioned, only during normal office hours on all working days till 08 July 2013. The method of payment will be either in Pay Order, or Demand Draft from any scheduled bank in Bangladesh in favour of Second Urban Governance and Infrastructure Improvement (Sector) Project UGIIP-II), Local Government Engineering Department (LGED), Dhaka, Bangladesh represented by the Project Director.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address mentioned above at or before 14:00 hours on or before 09 July 2013. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security mentioned above. Late Bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders or his representatives who choose to attend at the address above at 14:15 on 09 July 2013.
8. The LGED will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of bids.
10. The LGED reserves all the rights to accept any bid or to reject any or all bids without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
Md. Shafiqul Islam Akand